Monday, December 26, 2011

I Worry

I worry that I won't find it in me to pull myself out of this mess
I worry that there will be that one thing I'll never be able to confess.
I worry that the sky might remain blue a little too long
I worry I'll forget the words to my favorite song. 
I worry that I'll never climb up a fleet of stairs
I worry that I might never learn to give a care.
I worry that I'll stumble along the pavement
I worry that I'll never have a wish that's God-sent.
I worry that I might lose my energy to give a damn
I worry that my friendships might all be a sham. 
I worry that the ink to my tattoo might fade for good
I worry that I might never be able to love the way I should. 
I worry that the hate in the world might be directed at me
I worry that I might wake up one day, unable to see. 
I worry that I might remain love-jaded for a life time
I worry that the world might run out of gold mines.
I worry that I might wake up old and wrinkled
I worry that the stars in the sky might not twinkle.
I worry that this love I feel might never go away
I worry that the trees in the forest might never sway.
I worry that this hurt I feel might double times three,
But most of all, through it all,
I worry that you will stop looking for me. 

No comments: