Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's been a while since my imagination ran wild...

I sit here at 12:10 a.m, listening to the still of the night, feeling the chill and humidity wrap it's tendrils around and through my skin, hearing my heart beats, listening to my thoughts and watching my imagination.

It has been a quiet week of grief, relief, happiness, content and a lot of introspection. Conclusions drawn about who I am, what I believe in, what I want... long for.

As every leaf falls and every night becomes day, I reach closer to the realms of myself I had not discovered yet. I consider it a journey -- one filled with harshness, beauty, strength... one that fills me with a sense of belonging, making me realize who I am and the power I have to be who I am. The power to face an obstacle without seeking for help, the power to say 'no' (not that that was ever a problem for me, mind you) and the power to let go.

Knowing it wasn't an easy process, these self-realizations, I am filled with a sense of pride in myself.
I feel older, more mature. I feel I am ready to take on every challenge head-on... and knowing there's more to learn just makes me want to move forward, push throught and break out.

No comments: