Sunday, October 21, 2007

I Wish I Could Remember...

... the kisses you left me with.
... the rain that fell around and over our heads.
... the love you gave me.
... the passion that engulfed us.
... the songs that signified us.
... the pain that enveloped us.
... the happiness that defined us.
... the dreams we made.
... the homes me made.
... the future we envisioned.
... the friends we were.
... the lovers we still are.

... the dreams we dreamed together.
... the roads we trod together.
... the trees we kissed under.
... the clouds we stared at together.
... the laughter we shared.
... the hugs we got engulfed in.
... the memories we made together.
... the people we met.
... the places we visited together.

... the person you were.
... the love you gave me.
... the pain you caused me.
... the passion you suffused me with.
... the kisses you blew my way.
... the songs you sang to me.
... the dance you danced with me.
... the words you said to me.

... the person I was.
... the happiness I felt.
... the contentment I lived in.
... the fury I felt.
... the love I would writhe with.
... the world I lived in when you were there.

These are the things I long to remember. Today comes and tomorrow goes. Yesterdays come and stay and I wonder which way to turn.
If these memories could brighten my mind; if these memories could become clearer with each passing moment; if these memories could bring back my contentment...
.
.
.
.
... I'll sing to the moon.

1 comment: