Thursday, June 7, 2007

It's All Gone Now.

And the past is truly the past today.
It all blew over.
It all got swept away.
I thought those emotions never mattered.
I thought that kiss never mattered.
Except...

I cared far more than I let myself believe. And now, when the time has come to let it all go, I am finding it hard.
But that's the irony of life... and just another nonsensical battle.
It's at times like these I rely on those famous words of Richard Bach
--If you love something, let it go.
If it comes back to you, it's yours
If it doesn't, it never was--

The irony of these words is that they aren't just for one person alone.
And today, at this very hour, I associate them with a person to whom I refuse to give more importance than I should.

I remember the first words.
The first confession of mutual emotion.
The first innocent; dewy; heartfelt conversations of shared thoughts and ideas.
The first words of unspoken, silent pain at the thought and realization that it isn't meant to be.
The first and last kiss, filled with abundant feeling.

And today, the last words of the emotions that are still there...
... But are well on their way to crumble.

I remember that face when I first saw it...
... Not so very long ago.
Under the bright, bright moon.
With a hint of a smile.
With more than a hint of something that was not just childish infatuation in those eyes.

It's like a love story that never quite started!

Let it blow over now.
Let it crumble.

It is easier to accept when the memories hurt.

1 comment:

Princess Selene said...

exactly how i feel at the moment..