Tuesday, May 29, 2007

"Cryin' " and Lack of Expectation: The Weekend Blend!

I will now write with certainty that this weekend only holds the possibility of good company and amazing music.
I, again, expect no surprises of any kind.
My mind battles with thoughts of what I really want and what is right.

When those souls drift out of the sphere of our comfort unexpectedly, we look for ways to bring them back within the circle again.
We never admit that it's time to just stop expecting and wanting the souls and things of the now-past.

I have no idea what to want but I know what to not expect.
And I say this with body-consuming certainty.

It doesn't hurt.
Right now, it's anger that courses through me.
Irritation.
And melancholy.

But to look on the bright side, these words make more sense!:

"Listen, all I want is someone I can't resist
I know all I need to know by the way that I got kissed
I was cryin' when I met you
Now I'm tryin' to forget you
Love it sweet misery
I was cryin' just to get you
Now I'm dyin' 'cause I let you
Do what you do down on me"
--Cryin' - Aerosmith.

It's a tribute to the weekend!

No comments: